Under 11 Ormers Victorious in Rangers 7's

Ormer FC U11's had their first taste of competitive action as they took in the Guernsey Rangers U12 tournament on a fine, sunny day which proved to be a fantastic learning opportunity for the next batch of Ormers. The tournament kicked off at 1 o'clock and the Ormers found themselves up against teams from St Martins, GFA Academy 1, Rangers 2, Sylvans, Rangers 1, GFA Academy 1, North and Rovers. The nine teams would spend the afternoon battling it out for a top 4 place in the league and with that a chance to progress to the semi-finals.

First up was a tough looking assignment against St Martins. Naturally the Ormers were a little nervous and it told in their play as they were rather hurried, which led to a series of errors. However in a game of few clear cut chances it was St Martins who snatched the win with a well worked goal. Ormer FC 0 St Martins 1.

A pep talk after the game seemed to do the trick as they were soon back in action against the GFA Academy 2 team. Once again the game flowed from end to end with both teams showing huge endeavour to come out on top. Some great goal keeping from Ethan McCloskey, combined with excellent team play saw the Ormers run out winners by a single goal. Ormer FC 1 GFA Academy 0.

By the time game three commenced all signs of nerves disappeared and the Ormers were in full flow, scoring some great goals in the process. Strikes from Sam Lacey and Liam Butler contributed to a satisfying team performance in which Lachlan Douglas offered a constant outlet down the left side of midfield. Ormer FC 7 Rangers 0

The squad of 10 players were being utilised to the full as players rotated positions on a day which would test their stamina and fitness. Game 4 was against Sylvans. Once again the boys were fast out of the blocks and played some flowing football. A strong performance from Alex Black in breaking up the opposition play was a major factor in another victory. Final score Ormer FC 6 Sylvans 0.

Game 5 was a very tight affair as the Ormers took on Rangers 1. Rangers went close early on from a long distance free kick which fizzed over the bar. However the Ormers stuck to their game plan and controlled the game before George Goubert slotted home for a winner and three points. Ormer FC 1 Rangers 0.

Slight injury niggles and aching feet were contributing factors as the squad was once again rotated. The Ormers were now up against GFA Academy 1. In an enthralling game of football both teams tried to play to their strengths. The pass and move football of Ormer against the direct running of the opposition. The final whistle saw the teams play out a draw. Ormer FC 0 GFA Academy 0.

Game 7 was against one of the strongest teams in the competition, the reigning Corbet Cup champions, North AC. North secured an early lead which never looked like being relinquished throughout the encounter. This was a great opportunity for the Ormer boys to continue their football education by playing a high class outfit. Final score Ormer FC 0 North AC 2.

The final game of the league structure saw the Ormers needing to secure a win to progress to the knock out stages of the competition. The final opponents were Rovers AC. The Ormers from the outset played a high tempo press on the opposition in an attempt to win the ball back quickly. They were highly successful in this, Tim Ap Sion and Alex Gill played his part in a resounding win. Ormer FC 5 Rovers 0.

By the end of game eight the Ormers had secured enough points to finish third in the league and progress to the semi-finals were they would play St Martins AC. In a tension packed match which shifted from end to end, the deadlock was finally broken by a sweeping Ormer move, resulting in a pull back from the by line and a first time finish from Fin Du Port. The Ormers had reached the final. Ormer FC 1 St Martins 0.

On to the final, where awaiting was the all conquering North team who so readily dispatched the Ormers in the league match. In a frantic encounter the Ormer players gave everything to unsettle the North players by quickly closing down the spaces. This seemed to do the trick and very quickly the game was turned on its head with the Ormers imposing their style of play on the game. With only minutes remaining a free kick was awarded to Ormer just outside the penalty area. The defensive wall and Ormer players in and around the area were making it difficult for the North keeper. Up stepped Alex Rihoy who planted a precise shot into the bottom right corner. With little time left North couldn't fashion a clear cut opportunity and the victory went to Ormer FC. Ormer FC 1 North AC 0.

Well done to all the players and coaches or Ormer FC on a fantastic achievement in their very first tournament.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now