Ormers Complete The Double Over AFC Bournemouth

Starting games well is becoming a theme of Ormer FC’s most recent Junior Premier League matches, as AFC Bournemouth would become the latest team to witness the fast-starting Guernsey side. On a baking hot day on the south coast, Ormer would once again dominate possession and all but put the game to bed before half time. The young islanders were zipping the ball round at pace and used every inch of the large lush pitch, that was causing Bournemouth problems in the early exchanges.

Ormer soon broke the deadlock and a fine strike it was from the lively Alex Roussel. He carried the ball a few strides before smashing the ball 20 yards out through a crowded area, before Harrison Guscott could set himself in the Bournemouth goal the ball had ripped into the bottom corner, 1.0 Ormer.

Just before quarter one came to an end, Keene Domaille would make one of his trademark powerful runs down the left flank and held off the covering defender before picking out Finley Du Port just entering the Bournemouth area. Du Port took the shot in stride and side footed into the far corner and past the diving Guscott, 2.0 Ormer.

The second period saw Ormer continue to play open attractive football, which Bournemouth were still struggling to get to grips with. It was inevitable that the Ormer pressure would eventually tell as they started to create chances to extend their lead. Brandon Wallace pounced on a defensive error and proceeded to pick out Domaille who switched the ball onto his left foot, before despatching high over the keeper and into the top corner of the net, 3.0 Ormer

Domaille showed quick feet as he wrapped his foot around the ball, his curling shot cannoned off the foot of the post and to safety. Harry Tough was next with a glorious chance that came to him via a Wallace corner, he hit the ball into the ground which Guscott somehow kept out with his legs. Joe Adams battled past two Bournemouth midfielders before getting caught from behind by Aaron Matthews, the Referee played advantage as Du Port had the ball at his feet and tried his luck from distance. The ball sailed over Guscott as he jumped to try and prevent the goal, but it was to no avail as he could not stop the ball hitting the net and Du Port from grabbing a brace, 4.0 Ormer half time.

Bournemouth seemed a different side in the second half with a lot more purpose about their play and almost got a goal from the restart, a snap shot from Frankie Shear almost caught Ormer keeper Jack Hamon off guard, but in the end the attack came to nothing. The Cherries did get on the score sheet not long after as Domaille brought down Matthews inside the Ormer area, which the ref rightly pointed to the spot. After picking himself off the turf, it was Matthews who took the responsibility to take the penalty, he stepped up and sent Hamon the wrong way, 4.1 Ormer.

The Bournemouth boys started to believe in themselves and the second half turned into a good contest, but Ormer would still let them know they were not going to get things all their own way as they would get on the scoresheet again. There was some great individual skill from Ben Stevens who proved to be a handful all afternoon for Bournemouth’s fullbacks, he put in some fine work to put the ball on a plate for Domaille to tap home from close range, 5.1 Ormer. Just before the final quarter Barney Taylor and Stevens himself would have chances to extent their lead even further, but both failed to hit the target.

Into the final quarter and Bournemouth’s best player on the day came up with a goal. Bryn Loveday rolled Roussel in Ormers area before firing into the bottom corner, which Hamon had no chance to react, 5.2 Ormer. Wallace would make Guscott pull off a fine save with a powerful drive and not long after Tough would miss the target with a close-range header from a Wallace corner. The chances were still being created by Ormer and it was only for another brilliant flying save by Guscott that denied Roussel’s bullet shot. The last chance of the match was great build up play, as Adams danced down the left-hand side and pinged the ball into Du Port who then pasted to Wallace, who’s first time effort just went agonisingly wide of the far post.

It should be mentioned that the ref had a great game and tried to allow the game to flow at every opportunity, even when it started to get a little niggly between the two sides. Ormer now look forward to their final league match of the season against Soccer Schools UK Hampshire, before heading for The Junior Premier League National Cup Final and end of season league play-off’s.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now