Ormers Outgun The Shots

Ormer FC entertained Aldershot Town at their base at The Queen Mary College, Basingstoke. Unfortunately, Aldershot found themselves in a situation of playing two games in a day after accepting a friendly against Southampton FC Academy at short notice. Consequently the opening quarter of 20 minutes was 9 v 9. Prior to the start of the game a minutes silence was held in honour of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

Ormer from the off exploited the extra space on the pitch to play one and two touch football. As a result the Ormers found themselves in shooting positions as they opened up the Aldershot defence at will. The tired looking Shot’s did not appreciate Ormers pass and move football, as the quarter ended 7.0 to the Guernsey lads.

Keene Domaille opened the floodgates with a quick-fire double, defender Jamie Smith squared to the lively Domaille to stroke home the first and Joe Adams assisted Domaille for his and the games second. Ben Stevens had a shot-come-cross cut out by a Shot’s defender, who inadvertently fired past his own keeper, 3.0 Ormer. It was not long before Stevens would get himself on the scoresheet from another Smith assist, he showed great strength to hold off a few challenges, before firing past the keeper (4.0). Alex Roussel robbed a diverging defender of the ball, before going clear and finishing with ease (5.0).

Domaille would turn provider for Brandon Wallace, who cut inside his man and pinged the ball into the far corner of the net (6.0). The last goal of the quarter saw Roussel play a neat reverse ball into Domaille and the league’s top scorer did not need a second invitation, as he got a poacher’s hat-trick (7.0).

By the start of quarter two the remainder of the Aldershot squad had made their way to the ground. The next 20 minutes were particularly scrappy as players adjusted to the additional players on the pitch. Chances were at a premium, but Stevens did manage to get his second of the match with a fine individual goal, he stormed clear and cleverly flicked the ball with some style over the keeper, this brought the match to its half way point (8.0).

Ormer were sticking to their own game plan and continued to play football throughout. A lovely ball in from Wallace saw The Shot’s keeper Elliot Taylor pull off a brilliant save from Domaille’s snap-shot, but Finley Du Port was on hand to half volley over the keeper (9.0). Good work from Adams in the middle of the park, set up Domaille who took aim from 18 yards out and scored a sweet goal (10.0).

Things were not going to get any easier for Aldershot either, as Ormer were pulling them all over the place, on the big college 3G pitch. Du Port’s low shot was well saved by Taylor, who could only push the ball out into the path of Roussel, he made no mistake and smashed home from close range (11.0). The quarter would come to an end, but only after Roussel had got his well-deserved hat-trick. The hard working Domaille past the ball out to Roussel and with only one thing on his mind, hit the ball with venom from distance, the ball flew into the roof of the net, courtesy of the underside of the bar (12.0).

There was no let up from Ormer in the last quarter, as Aldershot were now well and truly feeling the effects of playing a game beforehand and chasing Ormers pass and move football. A penalty was given away early at the start of the last quarter, as Brandon Weysom was brought down in the area, after some great wing play. The Ormer boys were very eager to let their birthday boy goal keeper Jack Hamon take the penalty, without any hesitation and as cool as a striker, he sent Taylor the wrong way for his first ever Ormer goal (13.0).

There was some quality wing play from Wallace as he set up both Stevens for his hat-trick and then Du Port for his brace (15.0). Josh Elba was to get a consolation goal late on for The Shots, which his performance deserved (15.1). There was still time for man of the match Domaille to get his fifth of the afternoon, Smith played a beautiful through ball to Domaille and as Taylor rushed out, Domaille chipped the ball delightfully over him (16.1).

Ormer FC will have left the UK with three valuable league points and showed their usual professional approach to a game day. Hopefully a professional outfit, will have also learned a thing or two from the day.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now