Ormers Go To Town Against The Shots

Aldershot Town welcomed Ormer FC to The Surrey Sports Park in Guildford. The game was played in beautiful autumn sunshine and the conditions could not have been better for this Junior Premier League encounter.

The Guernsey lads showed their class on the pitch, as Aldershot tried to put up a tough defensive display throughout. The Ormers played some breath taking football in the first quarter and were making continued sequences of twelve or thirteen passes before the Shots could win it back. Ormer were popping the ball around one and two touch, creating great triangles with some very well timed third man runs.

Aldershot Town defended deep and were very effective at barricading the goal with their five at the back. There was not much goalmouth action to be seen, much to the frustration of the visitors, with their large share of possession. The referee’s whistle brought the quarter to an end, with the game still goalless.

The game started to open up a little more in quarter two, as the Shots become more of an attacking threat, but is was still Ormer on the front foot. The first great chance of the match came against the run of play, as Aldershot was awarded a penalty for hand ball in the Ormer area. The Shots counter attacked at pace and it was really unlucky that the ball struck Barnaby Taylor’s hand and this was after his perfectly timed tackle on the Aldershot’s striker. Tyler Pink stepped up and hit the ball well into the far right bottom corner, but Ormer Keeper Jack Hamon dived full stretch and pulled off an outstanding strong one handed save.

Ormer stuck to their game plan and continued to work the ball around the angles, this would soon pay dividends. The first goal of the game arrived after good build up play from Joe Adams, as he clipped a wonderful through ball into Keene Domaille, after a couple of touches, he

hit a thunderous shot that flew into the roof of the net and gave Shots keeper Elliot Taylor no chance (1.0 Ormer).

The second goal soon followed and came courtesy of an Aldershot defensive mistake, a Shots defender got caught napping on the ball by an alert Brandon Wallace, with this Wallace robbed the defender of the ball and set himself up with a 1-on-1 with Taylor, he showed an amazing amount of composure and pinged the ball across Taylor into the far corner (2.0 Ormer).

The third quarter was a close run thing with both teams pressing one another. Finley Du Port held the ball up well and set up a good chance for Alex Roussel, who hit a shot first time, which only just cleared Taylor’s bar from the edge of the box. As the quarter was coming to a close, Roussel was going to make sure he got on the score sheet with his second chance of the match. The strong play of Domaille was causing havoc to Aldershot’s defenders and as he held of the attentions of two of them, he rolled the ball to Roussel, who curled the ball into the far corner and just out the reaches of Taylor’s outstretched hands (3.0).

The last quarter was Ormer at their best and teams are starting to learn to their peril, if you chase Ormers pass and move football for three quarters, it sometimes comes at an expense and this was no different. Aldershot put so much hard work into trying to close down Ormers quality pass and move football, that they looked very leggy in the last twenty minutes.

The Shots had a rare attack early in the final quarter and Archie Drillot got himself in a great defensive position to clear his lines, as he did the ball went all the way over the half way line, a covering defender went to clear, but sliced his clearance, Domaille pounced on the mistake and chipped Taylor from the edge of the eighteen yard box (4.0).

The score was soon to get even worse for The Shots, as Domaille would grab his hat-trick. Adams jinked past a few players before playing an exquisite ball that took two defenders out the game and Domaille through on goal, with an abundance of skill, bent the ball around Taylor and into the net (5.0).

The last attacking play of the game would see Domaille get his fourth goal, as Ormer were relentless. It was Domaille who set up the original chance for Brandon Weysom, who took aim and it was only for Taylor’s fine reaction save from Weysom, that Domaille was able to tap home the rebound from a yard (6.0). This result keeps Ormers 100% league record intact, with some very tough games and teams to come.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now