Ormers Foil The Darts

Ormer FC entertained National League South outfit Dartford FC, the Kent based academy side travelled across to Ormers home ground in Basingstoke. The weather conditions were really poor as the rain battered the 3G playing surface, but this did not dampen the Guernsey boy’s mood one bit.

Before the game kicked off Dartford were forced to re-shuffle their team, as their regular goalkeeper was on trial at Millwall. The Ormers came firing out of the traps early and put Dartford under immense pressure, Brandon Wallace bent in a curling ball to the back post, Keene Domaille tried to get a touch, but there was just too much pace on the ball. The next cross by Wallace was bang on the button, as his pin point cross was meet by the marauding Alex Roussel, who showed great support play to tap home from close range, 1.0 Ormer.

The next chance was created by Joe Adams who set up a great opportunity for Brandon Weysom, who took a couple of quick touches before just firing over the bar. Dartford had a chance to level the game up when Yousef Guemar broke clear of the Ormer back line and had a 1-on-1 with Jack Hamon, as Guemar smashed the ball, Hamon stood tall and thwarted the strikers shot with his feet.

There was no stopping the next goal as Wallace’s pass got cut out by Dartfords Ryan Eagan, it fell kindly to Roussel who did not need a second invitation, as he took the shot first time high into the roof of the net, 2.0 Ormer.

The second quarter was a tight affair with only a few talking points, but one of those turned out to be a goal for the Guernsey lads. The goal was a coach’s dream as loads of Ormer players were involved in the build-up, the latter part saw Harry Tough slip the ball out to debutant Sam Fisher who coolly reversed to Finley Du Port and he rolled the ball to Domaille who finished with aplomb (3.0).

The only other thing of any note, was a long range effort from Fisher, which cleared the bar by inches. Quarter three saw Wallace introduce a moment of individual brilliance, skipping over a few lunging tackles and a blistering turn of pace to go clear of two covering defenders, before turning the last defender inside-out and sending an arrow like shot across stand in keeper Roman Hall, which flew into the far corner (4.0).

It was the rampant Wallace who raced down the line and zipped the ball into the danger zone, Domaille was quickest to react and his shot hit a defender on the way into the net (5.0).

The last quarter continued in the same vain as the first three, with Ormer pulling their opponents all over the pitch. Josh Duddy was to get his first ever goal for Ormer FC and it came a great fashion, the defender who is not renowned for his goal getting, hit a sweet strike from 18 yards out, that gave Hall no chance as the net rippled (6.0).

Dartford did have two chances in quick succession for a consolation goal, the first was another 1-on-1 which Bradley Ihionvien had well saved by Hamon again and their best chance was from the penalty spot. Harry Tough mistimed a tackle which was a little rash and the ref had the easy decision to point to the spot, up stepped Frank Simmonds who skied high and wide.

The scoring was complete when Archie Drillot whipped the ball into the far post, a Dartford defender went for a big clearance, but badly sliced into his own net (7.0). Ormer played some great football and earned a well-deserved three points.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now