WBA Defeated As Ormers Stage Late Rally

Ormer FC have booked a place in The Junior Premier League Cup Final, after another come from behind performance. The Guernsey boys were made to work really hard, against. Premier League Development side West Bromwich Albion Colts. The boys from the Midlands were a very strong, physical and technically well drilled team. The game was played a Beversbrook in Wiltshire and the weather conditions were perfect for football.

The West Brom boys started well and had Ormer on the back foot from the off, all their players were very comfortable when in possession and worked really hard for their team. Ormers were always chasing in the first half and chances were at a premium and in the early stages it looked as if West Brom were the more likely team to break the deadlock. However Ormer did get the first opportunity of the match as Finley Du Port was fouled on the edge of the area, after good hold up play. Joe Adams stood over the free kick, but shot straight into the West Brom wall.

The next twenty minutes was all West Brom and two long range efforts that went just over the Ormer bar, were the first couple of warning shots. West Brom did finally get what their slick pass and move football deserved, a goal. A lovely weighted through ball by the energetic and imposing Hameed Ojebode to his impressive strike partner Njivwa Ng’ambi. He held of the attentions of two Ormer defenders before finishing in fine style across Jack Hamon and into the far corner, 0.1 West Brom.

Ormer were still struggling to get to grips with West Brom’s relentless pace, both on and off the ball. A few more half chances were created by West Brom, but nothing that would really trouble Hamon. Just before the half time whistle Ormer created a couple of chances, Keene Domaille played the ball into Du Port, who pushed it out to Adams, who smashed it at close range, only for West Brom keeper Reuben Christer-King to get his body in the way and out to safety.

The next chance did come to something, albeit from a blatant hand ball on the half way line by Harry Tough. The referee and linesman were unable to see Tough’s hand ball, but by playing to the whistle, Tough passed the ball into Du Port, who then flicked the ball over the top to Adams first time, with only one thing in Adams quick thinking mind, he smashed a sweet volley from 25 yards out, that sailed straight over the helpless Christer-King and into the West Brom net ( 1.1 ). The half time whistle came and Ormer were very fortunate to be on level terms at the interval, as West Brom dominated large periods of the first half, with some quality football.

The second half was only minutes old and Ormer were totally caught cold, as again West Brom opened them up with another great move. The same combination of Ojebode and Ng’ambi made Ormer pay for not switching on from kick off, Ojebode rode a few tackles before traveling at pace and slipped his strike partner in again. Ng’ambi hit a low shot that hit the inside of the near post, before the ball rolled all the way across the goal line, before hitting the inside of the far post and trickled across the line, the ref looked across at the linesman, who raised his flag to confirm the ball had crossed the line, 1.2 West Brom.

This really sprung Ormer into life, as the game would become one-way traffic from here on in and with it came Ormers pass and move game. Adams found himself in a 1 on 1 situation, after great play by Alex Roussel, but he lacked his usual composure in front of goal, as he fired over the bar. It was then the turn of Ben Stevens who raced onto a Domaille pass, cut inside the West Brom defence and hit a low cut shot. Unfortunately for West Brom, their keeper Christer-King completely lost his bearings and was covering the far post, as the ball rolled inside the near post ( 2.2 ).

The West Brom players were now under extreme pressure as the Ormers imposed their brand of football on the game and were being pulled around the pitch at will, by the now rampant free flowing Ormers. A complete transformation of the first half. Stevens makes space for himself inside the West Brom box, but snatched at the effort and pulled his shot wide of the goal. Jamie Smith was marshalling the Ormer defence well, with Tough and the outstanding Josh Duddy giving nothing away. There was a few more efforts on goal that came to nothing from Roussel and Domaille, before Stevens was to put Ormers in front for the very first time in the match.

Adams was driving the midfield and it was his brilliant reverse pass that sent Stevens jinking into the box, despatching an inch perfect shot that the full stretch Christer-King could not get near, as the ball flew high into the roof of the net 3.2 Ormer. Stevens was turning the game on its head, as his strong presence was causing havoc in the West Brom backline, soon he was to grab a well-earned hat-trick. Ormer were not going to sit back after taking the lead and this was well in view with Stevens grabbing Ormers forth.

Adams was to send a ball over the top, to which Stevens used all his pace and power to see off a covering defender, with loads of confidence flowing through Stevens, he finished with great coolness and side footed into the far corner, 4.2 Ormer.

West Brom had a few late free kicks and corners, but could not dampen Ormers mood as the final whistle sounded. Ormer will now meet a strong looking Kidderminster Harriers in The Junior Premier League Cup Final, which is being played a West Bromwich Albion’s Academy Ground on Saturday 14th May.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now