JPL Top Eight Play Offs

Ormer FC 0 Cirecenster 1

Ormer struggled to get anything going in this 20 minute match and Cirencester did not really cause too many problems of their own. The game was largely played in the midfield with very little football being played for large portions of the game. The only breakthrough of the game came from Cirencester, a corner was swung over into the Ormer box, which Ormer keeper Jack Hamon dealt with well by punching away, but the only player to react from either side was a Cirencester forward, who stabbed home from close range after 6 minutes.

Ormers only real chance of a lacklustre performance fell to Alex Roussel, after getting himself in a good position, he fired tamely straight into the keepers arms, that was about as good as it got for the Guernsey lads. Ormers usual pass and move football had completely deserted them in their first group game.

Ormer FC 1 Yate Town 0

There was a little improvement for Ormer in the second group game, but it was very marginal. There was still no pace to the game, which was lacking in determination and passion from both sets of players. Ormer did create a few more chances in this match and after 6 minutes Finley Du Port was hitting the post from 10 yards out. Joe Adams burst through Yates defence, only to pull his shot wide of the far post after 9 minutes. Ormer almost got caught by Yate Town’s big number 11, who went through one on one with Hamon, he somehow side footed past the foot of the post, when it seemed easier to score. Josh Duddy was next up for Ormers to have a strike, but his shot from distance sailed over the bar after 12 minutes.

The Guernsey boys were getting closer all the time and Harry Tough tested Yate’s goal keeper from long range, but the keeper was equal to the shot as he pushed the ball over the bar to safety with both hands. It was from a Duddy assist that the breakthrough would finally come, as his well-timed pass into Keene Domaille was inch perfect, Domaille took one touch and passed the ball into the far corner, 1.0 Ormer on 18 minutes. The rest of the match saw no more incidents and Ormer picked up a scrappy three points.

Ormer FC 0 Kidderminster Harriers 1

The Ormer boys knew a win would probably guarantee them a Semi Final berth, but they would have to beat the team that beat them in The League Cup Final 4.3 after extra time the previous week. The Ormer lads started to play with purpose and wanted to settle a score for the cup defeat and went for it right from the off. Ben Stevens was to get a good early opportunity, but rushed his shot and lifted the ball over the keeper and bar. The Ormer lads were having more possession and kept trying the probe an opening, but Kidderminster were standing firm. Josh Duddy took aim from the edge of the box, from an Ormer corner, but again it never really troubled the Kiddy keeper. A draw may have got the boys through to the Semi’s, but in group matches you can never tell and with this they kept pushing for the win. Kidderminster were always a ball over the top away from catching Ormer out, which was making for a tense finish.

There was to be a late goal, but it was not to go the way of the Guernsey lads. A quick counter attack from Kidderminster’s outlet Josh Parker, was to be Ormers undoing, as he was well held up by Archie Drillot. The ball was eventually crossed to the back post, where a Kidderminster forward tapped home from close range on 19 minutes. The ormer lads still went for it in the last minute, but the whistle came to rapturous Kidderminster applause. Ormer awaited the outcome of the last group match, with still an outside chance of sneaking into the Semi, but even that was short lived as Yate and Cirencester played out a 0.0 draw.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now