Winning Run Ends After Titanic Draw

Ormer FC almost got themselves completely out of a hole, that they help their opponents dig, for large parts of the match. This was a very hard fought game that Ormer made more difficult, by getting punished with every mistake they made.

The first quarter was a very even affair with both teams trying to get a foot hold in the early exchanges. Joe Adams was the first player to get a meaningful shot on target, which keeper Jensen Knight dealt with comfortably. It was Adams pass that sent Ben Stevens through on goal, but his chip cleared the out rushing keeper and the cross bar. Pro-cision’s first effort of any note was from centre back Sam Warren, who took aim from distance, but his shot took a wicked deflection and went out for a corner. Archie Drilliot put in two fantastically well timed tackles to keep the Pro-cision forwards at bay. There were another couple of half chances for Stevens that never really troubled the keeper and Ormer keeper Jack Hamon was on hand to push a shot around the post. The quarter came to an end, with neither side really troubling each other’s keepers ( 0.0 ).

The second quarter was a lot more solid pressure from Pro-cision and had the Ormer boys on the back foot for the best part of the quarter’s twenty minutes. There was a couple of talking points for Ormer, as Alex Roussel’s whipped in cross had the Pro-cision keeper scrambling, but he got the ball in his hands at the second attempt. Brandon Wallace shot from a tight angle, but the keeper was well positioned to watch as the ball went into the side netting. That was about as good as it got for the Ormers, as the rest of the quarter was all about the boys from Reading.

The Pro-cision boys were sharper and faster to the ball, but also stronger in every tackle, the Ormer boys were a little tentative and at times looked nervous. Pro-cision got the break through their pressure deserved, but not the way Ormer would have hoped. The left winger of Pro-cision Ethan Walker curled a teasing first time ball into the box, it looked like Ormer keeper Hamon had dealt with the incoming ball, but the ball went through his hands and into the path of Brentford Football club trailist Joe Warren, who tapped home at the back post, 0.1 Pro-cision.

Ormer kicked off the third quarter knowing they had to get back to their game plan and in doing so try to apply some added pressure themselves. Keene Domaille cut inside his man and smashed a shot straight at the keeper, who pushed to safety. Next it was defender Drillot who showed great vision to send Adams scampering through on goal, he cut inside his man and gave himself a one on one situation, uncharacteristic of Adams, he placed his shot wide of the keeper’s right hand post.

Ormer were to get level in the match, as Wallace sent over a cross that went all the way over to Domaille, who side footed first time at the back post, the keeper got across, but there was nothing he could do as the ball hit the foot of the post and into the net 1.0 Ormer ( 1.1 ). This kicked Pro-cision back into life, but again they got back in front from another Ormer mistake. A Pro-cision player curled the ball into the Ormer box, without there seeming any real danger, Hamon called for the ball, to which Jamie Smith left for his keeper, because they were both really close to each other, Hamon was a little unsure and did not commit himself, the ball rolled through the pair for the impressive Cameron Stewart to side foot into an empty net 1.1 (1.2 Pro-cision).

Stevens again had a few more chances for Ormer, but again his shooting was not up to its usual full power. It was Stevens who got caught in possession for Pro-cision’s next goal, with Ormer on the attack, Steven’s held onto the ball for far too long and was robbed in possession, with quick counter attacking football and five passes later, Ormer found themselves further behind as the ball was put into the net by Luke Southern, 1.2 Pro-cision, this only further rubbed salt into the wounds (1.3 Pro-cision).

This brought quarter three to an end and left Ormer with a mountain to climb, true to quarter four past form, Ormer came out all guns blazing. They started to show all their fighting spirit and attacking intent, the Ormer boys came flying out the blocks. Quarter four was not that far in, when Roussel hammered high into the roof of the net 1.0 ( 2.3 Pro-cision ). Wallace got himself into a great position, but the ball got stuck under his feet and the chance went. Pro-cision were quite happy to soak up the pressure and try to hit Ormer on the counter attack. This time Finley Du Port set up Harry Tough, who snatched at his shot, which sailed over the bar. Tough eventually got the ball rolling with a great team goal, he put Domaille clear on the left with a cracking through ball, Domaille cut along the by-line and pulled the ball back for Adams to smash home 2.0 ( 3.3 ). The clock was ticking and Ormer went in search of a winner and with only five minutes left, looked like being the only team that would win the match. The final whistle sounded, which brought to an end a fascinating contest between two very evenly matched teams.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now