Ormers Shoot Down The Shots

Ormer FC had a fantastic opportunity to play a quality outfit in the form of Aldershot Town. Still regarded as one of the biggest clubs outside the football league, The Shots pride themselves in investing time and money into their academy set ups.

The friendly match was played at Ormers home pitch at Portchester in Fareham and played in perfect conditions with no sign of wind or rain, which set up for what turned out to be an outstanding football match.

Aldershot came flying out the blocks in the first quarter, with some slick fast passing that had the Ormers on the back foot, from the very first minute. It was not long before The Shots took the lead, with some quality interchange passing, that had the Ormers flat footed. They moved the ball in and around the Ormers defence, before Michael Carron found himself in on goal to finish across the Ormer Keeper Jack Hamon in fine style, 0.1 Aldershot. Ormer started to get a foot hold midway through the quarter and it was Joe Adams who was first to test The Shots impressive keeper with a long range effort, but the keeper saved with ease. Finley Du Port then set up Alex Roussel, who did not quite catch the ball as he would have liked, again the ball was easily dealt with by the big keeper, and this brought the quarter to an end 0.1 Aldershot.

Both teams were playing some lovely pass and move, high tempo football, which actually made you forget that you were watching two teams of under 12 players. Ormer started to dominate possession in quarter two and had The Shots working overtime to keep them at bay. Some fine work from Brandon Wallace set up Keene Domaille, but great defending from The Shots defence snuffed out any danger. This time using all his strength Domaille bulldozed his way past two defenders, he drew the keeper out, before rolling the ball to Wallace to tap into an empty net, instead of rolling the ball into the goal, Wallace tried to break the net and in doing so, blasted the ball over the bar from close range. Josh Duddy was the architect of getting Omers back level, he drove down the left flank, beat his marker, before curling a lovely ball into Domaille’s feet, he controlled the ball well before despatching his shot across the keeper into the far corner, 1.0 Ormer (1.1).

Although Ormer was dominating, The Shots still had a quick counter attacking game, which was to catch Ormer out. The Shots striker showed great individual skill in Ormers penalty box, twisting and turning, before Roussel brought him to an abrupt end, penalty The Shots, the striker picked himself off the floor, but put the resulting penalty wide of the post. Wallace and Domaille set each other up for a shot on goal, but nothing came from either effort, the game was all square at the end of quarter two (1.1).

The third quarter was more of the same stuff, Ormer setting the tempo and moving the ball around their opponents at will. Du Port held the ball up well and put through a defence splitting ball for Adams to race onto, he drove in on goal, but pulled his shot wide of the far post. When The Shots did eventually get a sniff on the Ormer goal, Harry Tough was equal to the challenge, with some disciplined last ditch tackling. Wallace was quick to make amends for his earlier miss, by sending Du Port through on goal, as the keeper made himself big, Du Port stayed composed to fire across him and into the net 1.0 Ormer (2.1). Ormer almost got another towards the end of the quarter as Du Port passed the ball to Adams inside the box, but his first time effort went into the side netting, this brought the quarter to an end with Ormer taking a 2.1 lead into the final quarter of the match.

The first three quarters was nothing short of fantastic entertainment from two footballing teams, but what was to follow in this last quarter from the Ormers was simply outrageous football of the highest quality. Wallace skipped past his man, before slipping the ball to Adams, who burst into the box and pulled the ball back to the onrushing Roussel, who aimed and fired into the roof of the net 1.0 Ormer (3.1). The Ormer boys were at their rampant best, Du Port hit a first time snap shot from a Roussel whipped in ball, which The Shots keeper somehow pushed onto the crossbar. Roussel then hit a low drive that the busy keeper could only push back out, Du Port followed up the rebound for his second of the match and put Ormer 2.0 up (4.1).

Adams was able to ping a ball across the face of the box, which Du Port tried to pass into the bottom corner for his hat-trick, but it came back of the foot of the post.

Ormer allowed the Shots a way back into the game giving away a free kick about thirty five yards from goal, a Shots player smashed the ball high into the box, which caught Hamon out in the Ormer goal and the ball sailed into the top corner 2.1 (4.2). There was still time for an individual goal from Domaille, as he picked the ball up on the edge of the box, dropped the shoulder in beating his man and curled the ball past the outstretched keepers hand for his second of the game 3.1 (5.2). Ormer were still full of running and movement, something The Shots didn’t want to see. As the attacking performance continued so did the goals, Roussel picked out Wallace who made sure this time with a well struck shot from close range that gave the keeper no chance 4.1 (6.2).

Archie Drillot came up with some great tackles towards the end of the contest, making sure no more goals were going in Ormers net, final score Ormer FC 6 Aldershot Town 2. This was a fabulous team performance from start to finish and everything the Ormer boys have been learning in training was being implemented on the pitch today, which was a pleasing sight for the Ormer coaching team. Next challenge for the Ormers is another league match against Pro-cision on Saturday 30th January.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now