Ormer By Pass Pro-cision In A Cracker!

After being held to a 3.3 draw in their last encounter against the same opponent, Ormer FC knew that Pro-cision was going to be a tough test in the away fixture. On a grey, wet and damp afternoon in Newbury, it was always going to be a test of fitness for both teams on a heavy pitch. Ormer started the first quarter with intent and created the first chance of the match. Joe Adams cut through the heart of Pro-cision’s midfield, before hitting a low drive from the edge of the box, Pro-cision keeper Jensen Knight dived full stretch, but was thankful as the ball hit the foot of the post and went to safety.

Pro-cision were next to test Ormer keeper Jack Hamon, the impressive Joe Warren curled a great free kick around the wall, but Hamon was equal to his strike and showed fantastic hands, as he brought the ball safely into his chest. It was another driving run from Ormers right sided defender Harry Tough, who shot from long range and had Knight scrambling across his goal mouth, this time the ball went inches wide. Ormer continued to go in search of the first goal and a couple of chances came and went both from Keene Domaille.

The first goal of the quarter did arrive, but not from the team on the front foot, it came from Pro-cision. A free kick was awarded just inside Ormers half, a Pro-cision player whipped in a lovely ball at pace, right into the heart of the Ormer area, Luke Southern crashed home a header that gave Hamon no chance to react, 1.0 Pro-cision. Jamie Smith had to be on his toes, as he put in a well-timed last ditch tackle and averted Warren going one on one with Hamon. There was still time left for Alex Roussel to have a barn storming run, which he drew loads of Pro-cision players towards him, he then played a cute ball into Domaille’s path, but he snatched at the chance and fired into the side netting.

Quarter two saw the introduction of Brandon Wallace and he injected some width and pace into the Ormers. The early signs were looking good for Ormer as they took the game to their host’s. Barney Taylor drove down the right wing before playing a one-two with Adams, he then played a pin-point pass across the box, again to Adams, who sided footed home from close range 0.1 Ormer ( 1.1 ). Wallace was finding loads of space out on the left and was causing Pro-cision defenders no end of problems. It was from Wallace’s fine run and pass that set up another chance for Adams and with the coolest of finishes he made it 0.2 Ormer ( 1.2 ).

Pro-cision made sure that Ormer were not going to run away with the match and it was from a fine counter attacking move that they would get back level. Ormer were in and around Pro-cision’s area, when all of sudden, Pro-cision broke at pace to which Ormer had no answer, It was another clever run and finish from Brentford FC trialist Warren who finished with ease 1.2 Ormer (2.2 H/T ).

Quarter three and Ormer were playing some lovely pass and move football, which they are making a name for themselves throughout the league, with their footballing style. The rain was coming down and by this time the pitch was getting heavy, but both sets of players were trying to play the game as it should be played and was a great advertisement for youth football for all watching. Ormer kept knocking on the door and they were soon to take a deserved lead. This was a great team goal, which started from Josh Duddy into Tough, out to defensive lynch pin Smith who played a sublime ball out to the lively Wallace, who pulled it back to the oncoming Domaille, Who needed no second invitation, as he smashed the ball into the roof of the net 1.0 Ormer ( 2.3 Ormer ).

Warren was put through in a one on one situation with Hamon, but the Ormer keeper stayed tall until the last second and managed to get a strong leg out. Wallace was flying down the left hand side again and played the ball into Finley Du Port’s feet, he hit the ball first time, but Knight managed to push it around the post. Ormer took a slender 3.2 lead into the final quarter and knew the next goal was important.

The busy Roussel sent the ball with pace into the Pro-cision box, to which Du Port swivelled and smashed a first time shot, Knight somehow tipped the ball out of the top corner and kept his side in the match. Ormer and in particular Adams, made sure that they were going home with the three points. Archie Drillot played the ball inside to Taylor, who passed a through ball to Adams on the half way line, Adams turn of pace took him clear of a couple of players and as he entered the area, he hit a thunderous shot that hammered the underside of the bar and flew into the net, not only did he score an absolute worldie, it was his hat-trick and sent Ormer up to third in the league table, Pro-cision 2 Ormer FC 4 F/T.

Next Saturday see’s Ormer FC face the biggest Challenge in the clubs short history, as they embark on a last 16 Cup match, against Football League Two side Mansfield Town’s Academy. The match is to be played at Royal Wootton Bassett Sports Association’s new 4G pitch in Wiltshire.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now