Ormer Triumph In Purbeck

Ormer FC continued their fine form off Island, with a hard fought win over Purbeck Allstars in The Nerf Junior Premier League. The match was played at The Purbeck Sports Centre in Dorset, were the weather conditions were awful, with strong winds and driving rain. This was not enough to stop an entertaining game between two sides who wanted to play football.

The first quarter was a very intriguing affair, as both sides wanted to press one another high up the pitch. There were some early warning shots fired by Ormer FC, that come to nothing, but that was soon to change. Joe Adams was to lift the ormer spirits with a smart finish, Keene Domaille muscled his way past two covering defenders, he cleverly slipped the ball into Adams path and he took the ball on the back foot, before smashing the ball high into the net, 1.0 Ormer.

Purbeck were starting to cause the Ormer back line problems, as their high pressing was leading to misplaced passes and panic. A Purbeck striker then had a great chance to level as he raced clear, but Harry Tough was not going to let him have everything his own way, Tough raced back and got a great last ditch tackle in, which cleared the immediate danger. There were half chances for both sides, which again could not be turned into a goal, but like before, Ormer did not sit back and got their just rewards. The pressure from Ormer finally told with a peach of a strike from the energetic Adams, it came from the same combination as the first. The marauding Domaille twisted and turned his man and again turned provider for Adams, who hit an unstoppable shot from the edge of the box that flew past the keeper and into the top corner 2.0 Ormer. The Purbeck boys kept to their game plan and went in search of a goal and it did come, but sadly from an Ormer mistake. The ball was slipped across the Ormer box, to which the defence was flat footed, Ormer keeper Jack Hamon went down to pick the ball up, but his hesitation let a Purbeck striker toe-end the ball into team mate Luke Bourton, who just rolled the ball into an empty net 2.1 Ormer.

Quarter two saw loads of clear cut chances for Ormer, but a combination of poor finishing and a brilliant goalkeeping performance from Lucas Barringer kept them at bay. Ben Stevens got himself in numerous 1 on 1 situation’s, but his composure kept letting him down in front of goal. Adams let rip from long range again, but Barringer had other ideas with a full stretch save, he again saved a low drive from the hard working Alex Roussel, the quarter finished 0.0, but Ormer still lead 2.1.

Quarter three was very intense as both teams worked really hard to create something going forward, again it was Ormer who had the early chances. Finley Du Port set up a great chance for Adams who again warmed the keeper’s gloves, this time from close range. Domaille then had a stinging shot pushed away from the ever reliable Barringer. The last play of the quarter saw another Adams shot tipped onto the crossbar, as Barringer was again equal to anything Ormer could throw at him, the third quarter finished 0.0 and Ormer took a slender 2.1 lead in the fourth and final quarter.

Ormer came flying out the blocks and went in search of a third goal that would finally give them some breathing space. The goal to finally settle the nerves arrived, Stevens patience finally paid off as the tireless Roussel breezed past his marker and flicked the ball out to Stevens, this time without any thought, he drilled a shot across the keeper and into the far corner 3.1 Ormer. The Ormer boys relaxed and started to zip the ball around, as Purbeck went all out to get back in the game, they got caught out on the counter attack. The next goal came from an individual effort, as Brandon Wallace drove through the heart of the yellows midfield and then skipped past the last defender, he drew Barringer out and slipped it past him with ease 4.1 Ormer. The Purbeck lads were still willing to have a go and their never say die attitude was still in evidence. What happened next summed up the host’s willingness to keep trying, but it was totally unexpected. A corner for Purbeck brought everyone up, including their man of the match goalkeeper Barringer, the ball was swung over and only half cleared to the edge of Ormers box. Barringer took the ball on the half volley, which he cracked straight into the top corner, a finish any great striker would have been proud of, 4.2 Ormer. This brought the game to a close and another fine win for Ormer FC in their debut season.

The result got even better later in the day, as Newport County drew and lost their 100% record. This now means that only Kidderminster Harriers and Ormer FC have a 100% record still intact, out of all the 51 teams in their league.

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

2016 Ormer FC

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now